Reply To: [SOLVED] After Kernel upgrade to 4.9 on RPi 3 Max2Play 2.41 claims: No Raspberry Pi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] After Kernel upgrade to 4.9 on RPi 3 Max2Play 2.41 claims: No Raspberry Pi Reply To: [SOLVED] After Kernel upgrade to 4.9 on RPi 3 Max2Play 2.41 claims: No Raspberry Pi

5. März 2017 at 18:14 #27452

Hi,

I could reproduce this behaviour.
The webinterfaces kernel-updater is interrupted by the safety question about the driver compability since the 4.9 kernel is in the master branch of rpi-update.
If I run rpi-update via ssh an answer the safety question everything runs fine – but max2play doesn’t recognise the PI3 anymore (just BCM2835) and settings are locked as described above.

I could get my new Zero W working with just a „dist-upgrade“ so I could resign ugrading the kernel to 4.9.

The Zero W is working nicely so far with the 4.4 kernel, but an upgrade would be nice. The recent image doesn’t support rpi-update (has to be upgraded?) on the Zero W and obviously the WiFi drivers are missing in the recent 2.41 image too – a dist upgrade on a PI3 did solve this problem for me.

So long it’s a litlle bit more complex to get the Zero W working – hoping for a new image with all the driver packet already included an maybe support for the new kernel 🙂