Reply To: Odroid XU4 – Attached USB drive switches port on power down

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Odroid XU4 – Attached USB drive switches port on power down Reply To: Odroid XU4 – Attached USB drive switches port on power down

18. Februar 2017 at 18:06 #27012

After numerous fresh installations and frustrating hours I am happy to report that I now have a reliable hard drive mount point!

When I tried installing a fresh copy of the latest operating system and connecting my USB hard drive, I had the usual difficulties of the drive not being recognised but there was an indication in the yellow box at the top of the screen that there was a problem. I had never seen this warning come up previously. I think it was something in the latest Ubuntu 16.04 version. I don’t remember the exact message but it advised to run check disk or something, I wish I could remember the exact message but it was about a month ago now.

So I plugged USB drive into Windows PC and ran the recommended fix (I think it was check disc). Since running the fix my USB drive has always been recognised by Max2play even after a reboot.

I now even removed the USB hub and connect portable drive direct to Odroid and drive is still recognised and powers up fine and does not randomly get forgotten or not recognised after power down.

My only problem now is that the dive won’t spin down once it starts up. Other than that the system is now rock solid as a Squeeze box server and am so much happier.

Hope the Windows drive fix may help others with similar issues.

Please let me know if there is a fix to make the drive spin down, it used to work on the old system fine.