Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

12. Januar 2017 at 0:54 #25802

Hi Stephan – I’m reposting an issue I’d raised last week and hoping for a reply. Again, thanks so much for helping out on my Bluetooth addon issues – much appreciated!

So, per your instructions, I deselected “Autostart bluetooth streaming in squeezebox server”, rebooted the pi, restarted the squeezebox server, reset the bluetooth link from my phone to the pi, put the phone next to the pi, selected the bluetooth link from favorites inside the Logitech Media Server, and let ‘er rip. Sadly… nothing… nothing at all. Whereas with the autostart selected I would occasionally get snippets of music from my phone through squeezebox to the speakers, in this case I got nothing at all. Silence. Not working at all.

In your response to me from 2 January you specifically say that I must “manually start the Bluetooth Stream in your Squeezebox Server”. Unless that is something different than selecting the bluetooth link from my favorites inside LMS, I think I’m testing the link as you intended.

Is this (another) dumb user error? Or is there something else going on?

For the record, here are the things I tried after this failure:
– playing tunes directly from the library, or pandora, via LMS (works fine)
– reselecting the Autostart feature – reverted to how it worked before, with only short snippets of music (but at least it verified the other settings that could be causing a problem, like volume controls, etc.)

Below I’ve copied the information from “debug information” on the Bluetooth page. Can you see anything wrong? Again, I’m really happy with the way everything else is working, but really need the Bluetooth link to have a complete solution.

Again, I really appreciate your help! Thank you!

Dave

#### Bluetooth Installation ####

#### Bluetooth Dongle ####
hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: UART
BD Address: B8:27:EB:EB:B5:5B ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING
RX bytes:19429 acl:341 sco:0 events:335 errors:0
TX bytes:15398 acl:319 sco:0 commands:102 errors:0

#### DEVICE Daves iphone ####
[70:81:EB:15:82:91]
Name: Daves iphone
Alias: Daves iphone [rw]
Address: 70:81:EB:15:82:91
Icon: phone
Class: 0x7a020c
Paired: 1
Trusted: 1 [rw]
Blocked: 0 [rw]
Connected: 1
UUIDs: [00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe, ServiceDiscoveryServer, AudioSource, AVRemoteControlTarget, AdvancedAudioDistribution, AVRemoteControl, NAP, HandsfreeAudioGateway, PhoneBookAccess, 00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb, PnPInformation]

#### PACMD LIST | grep active ####
active port: <analog-output>
active profile: <output:analog-stereo>

#### PACMD LIST | grep sink ####
Default sink name: null
name: <module-null-sink>
module.description = “Clocked NULL sink”
module.description = “When a bluetooth sink or source is added, load module-loopback”
module.description = “Automatically restore the default sink and source”
name: <module-always-sink>
module.description = “Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it’s a null one”
module.description = “When a sink/source is idle for too long, suspend it”
module.description = “Load filter sinks automatically when needed”
2 sink(s) available.
driver: <module-null-sink.c>
driver: <module-null-sink.c>
sinks:
0 sink input(s) available.

#### X-SERVER RUNNING ####

#### PULSEAUDIO RUNNING ####
1 S 1000 2686 1 0 80 0 – 25648 – ? 00:00:00 pulseaudio