Reply To: Synology Mount Issue

3. Januar 2017 at 17:54 #25417

Heiner,

I started a new thread for my problems since there was no response to comments on this thread which in hind site was likely a result of the xmas holidays. That thread has more information about my numerous attempts I made to get the NAS mounted. I have summarized those comments below to keep in the one thread if that is your desire. Also note it appears I am not alone in the problem I am experiencing as there is a comment from someone else experiencing the same issue.

I have watched your video numerous times to see if there was anything I had missed and also tried resetting to original settings like Tobias did but nothing worked.

Note I renamed my NAS to DISKSERVER in the DSM software. Note also that my network share paths show up when I hit the ” show network devices ” botton in max2play web interface and I can access these from my windows computers in the house and remotely using the NAS remote access software like DS file. Also I can get what first appears to be successful mounts according to max2play when I do not follow the exact syntax you show in your help file and video . Unfortuneately when I get the successful mounts the folders are empty when when accessing through squeezebox web server interface or kodi.
Here is the summary of the settings I have tried.

Attempt No.1 Settings:

//192.168.2.23/share/music
/mnt/share
cifs
user=admin,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
No.1 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.2 Settings:

//192.168.2.23/share
/mnt/share
cifs
user=admin,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
No.2 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.3 Settings:

//DISKSERVER/share/
/mnt/share
cifs
user=guest,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
No.3 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.4 Settings:

//DISKSERVER/music
/mnt/share
cifs
No.4 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.5 Settings:

DISKSERVER/music
/mnt/share
cifs
No.5 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi

Attempt No.6 Settings:

http://DISKSERVER/music
/mnt/share
cifs
No.6 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi

Attempt No.7 Settings:

http://DISKSERVER/music
/mnt/share
cifs

No.7 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi