Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

30. Dezember 2016 at 11:57 #25323

I would like to hear other people’s experience of using Amazon Echo Dots. I’ve just purchased one and I’m looking to use it as an ‚always on‘ speaker.

I currently have one M2P setup as the LMS server plus using Multi-player (?) to run a HifiBerry DAC+ to a BOSE speaker, as well as the built in BT to connect to a second BOSE downstairs in the kitchen. The rest of the house is done using PiCorePlayer and BOSE devices.

The problem with all of these is that the BOSE go to sleep when not used for a while. The means I cannot rely on them for house announcements.

What I’m thinking of doing is replacing the PiCorePlayer in the lounge with a M2P again with two players. The existing HifiBerry will stay connected to the BOSE stack, while I want the BT to connect to the Dot and use it as a speaker.

Has anyone got the Dot to work successfully as a speaker?
Can anyone suggest ways to then get announcements to be played through it. Full text to speech would be nice, but pre-recorded MP3’s would do.