Reply To: Which download file for RPi 3 + HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Which download file for RPi 3 + HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard Reply To: Which download file for RPi 3 + HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard

25. Dezember 2016 at 19:00 #25234

Bluetooth gives horrible audio quality and I really only think it suitable for hands free phone calls in my car.

However it is very simple for anybody to use.

I have several sound systems here. I have a very nice one in my home studio that I use as a reference. I the lounge I have a 1959 Rogers HG88 MkIII valve (tube) amplifier that I rebuilt to new standard a few years back. I use this for playing my ancient vinyl collection.

Then I have the whole house system which is single zone and powered by a QSC 300 Watt (RMS into 8 Ohms) rack mount amp. This is connected to a Raspberry Pi That will be the HiFiBerry DAC device. The Logitech Media Server (squeezeplug) is currently a Pi 2B moving to a Pi 3. Mainly this is used for playing Pandora station.

Occasionally and, this is where the bluetooth comes in, I would like to stream music from my phone. My grandchildren also would just love to use there phones to blast us with whatever they currently fancy.

There you go. That’s why bluetooth. Sorry it took a while but, you did ask :).

Merry Christmas and thanks for your help. I have no doubt I shall be back…