I must admit that I’ve been sat here wondering what your problem is, because from memory, when I set my bluetooth it was a doddle.
Then, yesterday I had to reset it. I thought that there was a problem with the BT setup on my m2p server so I removed it so that I could reset it. (It turned out that the real problem was that my phone had paired with my speaker preventing it from linking to anything else)
I then spent ages trying to get the server and speaker to pair.
To cut a long story short, I finally remembered that I’d had this problem initially and had to pair them via the command line. The problem being that to pair the devices, a PIN needed to be entered. I did the following:
bluez-simple-agent hci0 A0:E9:DB:40:12:D1
The first found the BT device address which I then used in the second command. I can’t remember exactly what I did inside
bluez-simple-agent but the doc’s were very simple.