Reply To: WiFi adapter active, connection active, (IP:No IP!, No connection!) on 2.35

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI WiFi adapter active, connection active, (IP:No IP!, No connection!) on 2.35 Reply To: WiFi adapter active, connection active, (IP:No IP!, No connection!) on 2.35

17. September 2016 at 5:03 #23074

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the Wolfson/Cirrus card no longer works on RPi3 and M2P? I can still see the Wolfson/Cirrus option under Raspberry Settings on 2.36.

I have had 2x RPi3’s with M2P 2.34/2.35 and the Wolfson/Cirrus card running successfully for months.

My issue started when I replaced my older NETGEAR N300 WNR2000 wireless router with a Linksys EA6300 AC1200 wireless router, due to Airplay stuttering streaming problems. My Rpi2 setup continues to work, and now streams perfectly from an IOS device using Airplayer, but I can no longer get my RPi3 setup to connect to the network. I thought something may have corrupted on my RPi3 setup, so I reinstalled trying 2.34, 2.35 and even 2.36 yesterday, but everytime I select the Wolfson/cirrus card, save the setting and reboot the networking functions of the RPi3 appear to be switched off. From then on I cannot connect to the RPi3 wirelessly or using LAN. Everything works perfectly wireless and LAN wise during installation until the Wolfson/Cirrus card is selected.

I will try replacing my new router with the old one to see if the issue goes away.

Stefan, I am not pointing my finger at M2P as the RPi3 worked beautifully up until I replaced my router. It seems to be an incompatibility issue that occurs between router and RPi3 after the Wolfson/Cirrus card’s software is introduced. I am not having this issue with any other device in my network and my new router though.

Simon

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by gapmedia.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by gapmedia.