Reply To: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on odroid-XU4

11. August 2016 at 19:36 #22217

Hi flysurfer,

I re-imaged an SD card with Odroid-XU4 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, then, before doing anything else…

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

1. Using your latest install_max2play.sh script, installed max2play which then started properly.
2. Registered max2play, updated to latest max2play then installed latest beta.
4. Registered my local USB HDD
3. Installed latest LMS 7.9 and started that without any problems.

So everything seems to be working well. Thank you 🙂

I did encounter a problem with a previous attempt at doing this when I updated Mate from 1.12 (which is installed by the odroid image) to 1.14. For some reason this slowed down the XU4 so much as to make it unusable. I didn’t attempt this the second time and everything works well. Don’t know if it was the update to Mate 1.14 that caused the problem but I’ll look at that another time. For now I’m happy with what I have. When I’m happy everything is stable, I’ll make an image of my SD card and burn it to eMMC.

Many thanks

Bob

P.S. I did run into another problem! When I set up my USB HDD in max2play/filesystems my Odroid refused to reboot correctly. The boot process dropped out to the command line with an error stating that it didn’t understand the ’nobootwait‘ parameter. I had to vi /etc/fstab from that command line and remove the parameter and reboot. Then everything was fine. Not sure why because I thought ’nobootwait‘ is standard.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by bobertuk.