Reply To: Updating the Logitech Media Server from the Command Line

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Updating the Logitech Media Server from the Command Line Reply To: Updating the Logitech Media Server from the Command Line

25. Mai 2016 at 21:05 #20296

@wmupchurch

It’s quite simple, i’ll show you how to do it with a raspberry pi. Should also work with any other device running max2play, just the username / password might be different.
Get the tool „putty“ and open it.
Insert the ip of your device or try it with max2play or whatever name you have given your device. (Leave the port 22 as it is)
If this is your first connection, you may have to confirm a message which might show up.
A new window should now open up asking you for a username. Enter „pi“ (without „), hit enter and insert the password „raspberry“ (also without the „).
Now you are almost finished. Just copy and paste (a simple right click will paste it into the putty window) the line you got in the update info from your server eg.:
sudo dpkg -i /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates/logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1463151428_arm.deb
and execute it. It may take a few seconds but once you can enter a new command its finished.

I’ve updated my LMS a few times and it was and never a problem. In case you are afraid to loose anything, just create a backup-image of your SD-card so you can restore it anytime. (im using the „USB Image Tool“ for backups)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Drakexz.