Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA Reply To: [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

1. April 2016 at 10:50 #19556

Hi Stefan,

First of all thank you very much for this. It worked for me straight out of the box. The speakers paired and it played music without any tinkering required. However I have discovered that as soon as the speakers are turned off, the squeezelite player dies. It will not restart until after I have turned the speakers back on and the BT connection re-instated (speakers beep confirmation). As soon as the connection is re-instated squeezelite behaves perfectly.

Is there any way to stop this, or at alternatively, a way to automate the restart? I could write a script to do this if I knew the command to start squeezelite correctly, but it would be cleaner if it was within the MAX2PLAY system. The following command returns a 1 or a 0 depending on whether the BT device mentioned is connected.

bt-device -i 08:DF:1F:4B:1F:1D|grep Connect|cut -d: -f2

Also, my MAX2PLAY server also has a HifiBerry DAC+ installed which is what I was using before. Is it possible to have two squeezelite players running on the server, one for speakers directly connected to the HifiBerry and one connected via BT?

I’m using the Wheezy SD image, with all recent updates applied.
The Max2PLAY version is 2.29
It’s running on a Pi2B
It’s using a PiHut dongle https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-wifi/products/nano-usb-to-bluetooth-dongle-v2-0

Squeezelite DEBUG
#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
Squeezelite v1.8.4-720, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
### Configuration of Audioplayers
SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o bluetoothspeaker -a 80:4::
SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=ALSA
USE_USB_DAC=0
USE_EQUALIZER=0
SYSTEM_USER=pi
GMEDIARENDER_ALSA_DEVICE=plug:plugequal

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
Output devices:
null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
btspeaker – BT BOSE speakers
bluetoothspeaker – Max2Play bluetooth speaker
default:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device

#### SHAIRPORT VERSION ####
2.2.3-openssl-Avahi-ALSA-soxr

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####