Reply To: No audio of Kodi until a Kodi stop/start (USB-DAC)

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on ODROID U3/C1 No audio of Kodi until a Kodi stop/start (USB-DAC) Reply To: No audio of Kodi until a Kodi stop/start (USB-DAC)

24. März 2016 at 15:44 #19450

Nojelc,
I think I have found a solution.
As you say, actually listed devices and settings were more clear and obvious with 14, now it’s confusing.

Here is what I did:
-Stop Kodi and go to Ubuntu desktop, open Sound & Video/Pulseaudio Volume Control
– Select Configuration tab, set built-in Audio off and find usb-dac (CM108 audio controller by me) set digital stereo output. This can be confusing, because it’s always changing by me, needed a few reboots, good luck.
-Now change to Output devices tab, set usb-dac device port(cm108 by me again) as digital output (s/pdif), close
– Start Kodi
– Go to Settings/system/ audio output/audio output device
– Select Built in Audio(dmixer),analog (Now this step is confusing again; There were only Pulsaudio device and CM108 usb-dac listed with kodi 14 before. Now there are 2 pulseaduio devices and 2 built in audio listed with 15. An even we choose „built in audio, analog“, audio comes from hdmi. I’m confused, but happy that it works!)
I hope this works for you to. I have no problems with these settings so far.
Edit: BTW I’m on Kodi 16, but the listed devices and settings were same on 15, too.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by mkkyah.