Max2Play Home 2016 (en) › Forums › General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions › Max2Play Airplay stability › Reply To: Max2Play Airplay stability
there should not be any delay or bad quality in airplay with shairport – even on the older Rapsberry Pi B.
First thing: what version of Max2Play do you use? Did you try it with the latest Max2Play 2.27 from the download page?
A few ideas:
– remove squeezelite from autostart and stop it
– remove kodi from autostart and stop it if it is running
– check the load of your pi in the Debug output on the settings page of the webinterface (at the bottom)
– do you have WiFi or LAN connection?
– do you output audio with HDMI or with a separate DAC or soundcard (if so, try an other sound output)