Reply To: cannot see external hard drive

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) cannot see external hard drive Reply To: cannot see external hard drive

15. Dezember 2015 at 11:11 #17339

Morning Fred

I’m feeling dead guilty about the time and effort you are putting in with this but you have (after my late night attack on it last night) have sorted out two issues for me and thats thanks to you.

1. was the LMS, squeezeserver issue (but is still not working but at least I know what I SHOULD be doing and IT should be doing)
2. The increase in Current issue of the USB’s for the Ext HD.

The current issue I did what you said to do as soon as you mentioned, a few conversations ago, but like a complete ****head I continued to use my brand new „powered USB“ thinking it would be OK and did’nt at any time plug the ex HD into the pi

So last night I actually plugged the ex HD into my Pi which now works and M2P see’s the drive, so please take note for the future. Seems like this powered hub is bust…

Anyhow, Not worked out why its bust and for the moment I don’t care, but the Pi see’s it now (Oh yes -there is a god) !!!!!!

Tell you what Fred I was starting to honestly question my own sanity I can tell you.

Ok comments below in capitals

On 15/12/2015 03:23, Max2Play wrote:
> Fredly wrote:
>
> Now this is getting silly
>
> Here is a link for MY Max2Play 16GB MicroSD Image
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-lDriSx_ggQM0hSVWxKLXA3Nlk&usp=sharing
>
> You MUST use a 16GB Micros SD Card, download and burn this image on the SD card.
>
> (I use USB Image Tool its free)
THANKS FRED
I D/L THE LATEST IMAGE AGAIN YESTERDAY, I THINK IT WAS 2.22
BUT
I WILL TAKE A COPY OF THIS AND TRY TONIGHT AND AS I AM USING A 16GB NO PROBLEM
>
>
> Drop the successfully burned SD in the Pi.
>
> Boot up the Pi with USB Drive/Music connected and WITH A MONITOR ATTACHED ensure all boots up OK (if you see a Login Prompt, you’ll know the PI has booted up correctly) this is SO Critical!

OK DONE THIS AND EACH TIME IT DOES AS YOU SAY IT SHOULD, AGAIN I WILL DO THIS TONIGHT
>
>
> Under SETTINGS / REBOOT, Reboot / Update / Filesystem Settings, Select Expand Filesystem

OK NO PROBLEM, HAVE DONE THIS AND WILL AGAIN
>
>
> Don’t enter ANY Fields/touch any boxes, just Select Squeezbox Server, Select Open Squeezebox Server Webadministration.

WHEN I HIT „SQUEEZEBOX SERVER“ I DON’T HAVE ANOTHER „BOX“ THAT SAYS “ Open Squeezebox Server Webadministration“.

AND WHEN I GO TO THIS PAGE THERE IS NO SIGN OF THE LMS BUT, THAT ON THIS PAGE THERE IS AN OPTION (DROPDOWN)TO CHOOSE WHICH LMS VERSION YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE AND TO ALSO THERE IS A TAB TO INSTALL IT. I HAVE TRIED ALL 3 VERSIONS AND THEY ALL COME BACK WITH THE WORDS NOW BURNED IN MY BRAIN (BRAIN, THATS QUESTIONALBLE !!)

LMS VERSION NOT EXISITING

So is this where I’m falling over.
MAYBE YOUR IMAGE IS DIFFERENT TO MINE AND THAT MIGHT WORK OUT OF THE BOX SO TO SAY.
BUT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET SOME CLARITY ON THIS „Open Squeezebox Server Webadministration“ BIT, IS THERE A TAB OR DO YOU MEAN THE GUI PAGE ITSELF?

So I guess I have to stop here as I have never got as far as this in all this time, AS i SAID it’s a wonder I’m still sane
hahahah,

But even if you bail out now Fred, you have been really helpful so thanks for sticking with me, I really appreciated it
Will let you know what happens on the next installment of „The Pi saga“….

Alex

>
>
> Now the familiar Logitech Media Server Program should pop up, Click Settings bottom left hand corner
>
> Under Basic Settings, Media Folders, Click Browse
>
> Under Media Click USB or USB 0, and you HAVE TO see your Music Folders under this, if NOT I’m at a loss.
>
> Please give it a go and get back to me, Fred
>
> Post Link: https://www.max2play.com/forums/topic/cannot-see-external-hard-drive/#post-17334