Reply To: SD Card Write Protection

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI SD Card Write Protection Reply To: SD Card Write Protection

29. Oktober 2015 at 23:02 #16615

I can’t share your frustration fully, for a few reasons: First, I was willing to donate to Truehl (Sqeezeplug) anyway, which I just did, for his endless effort in helping us Squeezles for years now. Same goes for the guys behind M2P with all the community work which Flysurfer and Co did that helped me tinkering with Raspis and audio in the related forums. Only instead of donating I just payed for the cheap premium license. Actually it felt good, like paying of old debt 🙂
Plus, M2P delivers and shines in so many aspects already without premium…

As for the SD Write Protection vs Server problem: in the comments section of said plugin, I asked about that a couple of days ago just out of curiosity, because I thought it might be meant for player/client use only, just like the popular and indestructible Picoreplayer is. And there I was told that my assumption was right, BUT: the guys are already playing with ideas for an image dedicated to making server and player run without writing to the SD card. I believe that’s never been done before, btw.
Let’s not forget that this is not Apple or Microsoft here. Have you seen that the M2P guys are making votes for next things to be implemented on a regular basis? That way, they already fulfilled so many community wishes, that really I could never cry out loud and demanding as I felt you were with your first posts here. I’m glad you cooled that down a bit now to a constructive tone. Please don’t be offended, I just found it a little bit too harsh, could have been just my personal impression, though!

Let’s see what the M2P crew comes up with.