Reply To: Can't get the 2.8" Touchscreen to work.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Can't get the 2.8" Touchscreen to work. Reply To: Can't get the 2.8" Touchscreen to work.

23. September 2015 at 9:17 #15778

Downloaded the image from here. https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi/easy-install

There is a big green icon that says „Download PiTFT 2.4″ and 2.8″ Resistive Image for Pi 1 and Pi 2 (September 9, 2015)“

Unzip it and I used Rufus to put it on a SD card.

Then go to get a „install_max2play.sh“ script I clicked Raw and copy and paste it. So log in with putty with user pi and password raspberry and type „nano“ and enter and paste it in there. It takes a little time but the hole text will show up. I chmod it 777 so „chmod 777 install_max2play.sh“ then backup a folder with „..“ and typed /root/install_max2play.sh

Go to http://max2play and it will have a update. I expanded the file system 1ST.

Reboot and update Max2play from 1.0 to 2.21 as of today.

Reboot it.

Put in your e-mail and location. Then go the the plug in and install Jivelite. That takes a little time. Set it to Autostart and save. Got to start it too the 1st time.

Then it can see it on the little screen. It lets you pick a size but all are in HD. I have not found a 320×240 yet for it. I guess there is some way to set that.

Don’t download the „Raspberry Pi Touch Display: Easy Install & Setup of Touch Displays 2,8″ and 3.2″ I did and it will make the screen just be wight with no image again.

Then in the Jivelite tab click „Install Choosen Skin“ there is only one the „Port for 2.8″ 320×240 Adafruit LCD (QVGATouchSkin by bogdandumitru)“

Then on the screen can see it. The top of the desktop is still there. But it works. I guess that’s the best can do with this PiTFT Touch screen.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Raymond Day.