Stream music to multiple bluetooth devices

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Stream music to multiple bluetooth devices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 21. April 2018 at 22:02 #35253

Hello everybody,

I would like to stream music from my cell phone via bluetooth (e.g. from a music app like „Deezer“) simultaneously to my bluetooth car audio system AND to a separate bluetooth subwoofer in the trunk.
    So:
    ———> Car Audio system (default car radio and speakers)
    Cell phone –Bluetooth–> Max2Play on Raspberry Pi –Bluetooth–|
    ———> Bluetooth Subwoofer in the trunk

I already got the premium version of your software, a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with the latest stretch image and (if needed) two Logilink bluetooth adapters. Unfortunately, your How-To Video related to Squeezebox is not suitable for this Raspberry Pi, as you currently can’t support the server with this Pi.
    Is there any way to get this done with your software?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance!

24. April 2018 at 14:09 #35307

Hi JLC,

The integration of LMS in Bluetooth is still in the works for 3B+. Also, you can always only use one Bluetooth pairing with each Pi system.

24. April 2018 at 14:15 #35308

What do you mean with „you can always only use one Bluetooth pairing with each Pi system“?

Do you can estimate how long it will take until this function is available for the 3B+?

24. April 2018 at 15:59 #35314

That bluetooth for Max2Play does not allow for one Raspberry Pi to be paired and connected to multiple Bluetooth devices. So either input or output and only one at a time. However, the preferred usage is pairing a speaker for output as an additional zone in a multiroom system.

Unfortunately, I cannot. The previous image’s solution still works the same, though, if you still have a 3B you can use it as your input device.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here