Squeezeserver not running on Pi B+

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Squeezeserver not running on Pi B+

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 4. September 2016 at 21:54 #22864

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get a squeeze Server running on my Pi B+. The only thing I want to set up. No player or anything…
    I burned the M2P image on a 8GB micro SD and bootet. Then expanded the file system, updated the system, turned off all players and installed the Squeeze Server. So far I tried 7.8, 7.8 nightly & 7.9 nightly. 7.8 and 7.8 nightly do not work at all, 7.9 nightly at least showed the server would be running on the web interface of M2P but I could not connect the web interface of the squeeze server on port 9000. Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot in advance.

11. September 2016 at 16:48 #22982

ich habe das selbe Problem, kann meinen Server nicht mehr erreichen. Nach kompletten Neuinstallation auch keine Besserung.
    Jemand Ahnung was es sein kann?

12. September 2016 at 14:45 #22988

Hi ThoMue and salopette,
    We recommend the version 7.9 nightly as pointed out in the information on the Squeezebox Server-Plugin menu. The installation of the server itself, however, should not pose a problem with any version. What happens in your installations when you click on the blue button to open the web interface? Also, how big are your microSD cards and how much space did you have left after installation? You can see the memory and how ich still available in the Settings/Reboot menu in the bottom window called debug info.

16. September 2016 at 19:53 #23071

Hello Heiner,

thanks for your reply and your help. I am using a Sandisk 8GB microSD card. I was assuming that 8GB is enough memory for the Max2Play. I hope I was right here.
    Let me describe the procedure I followed when installing.
    1) I downloaded Max2Play Image and burned it on my microSD
    2) I plugged the microSD in my Raspi and booted
    3) I went to „Einstellungen/Reboot“ and updated my system (sorry using German settings here. So if you like you can answer in German too. I was not sure about the language)
    4) I expanded the file system („expandiere Dateisystem“)
    5) Since I want to use the Raspi just as a server, not a player, I went to „Audioplayer“ and turned off „Squeezelite“
    6) I went to „Squeezebox Server“ and received the latest URLs for installation („zeige verfügbare Versionen“) and then picked and installed 7.9 nightly

After installation 42 % of the SD card is unused. The server says that it is running but I cannot access the webinterface.

Once again thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
    ThoMue

10. Oktober 2016 at 12:59 #23338

Hi ThoMue,
    Sorry for the late response. The steps you described should usually not cause you any trouble. You did not mention whether or not you did a reboot after expanding the filesystem, that should be done. Also, you might want to try using the port directly. Since you can access the M2P web interface you should also be able to access the SB Server’s. The Server’s web interface can be reached under the port 9000. So you need to type your device’s IP:9000 in the URL bar or your device’s name:9000 should also do the trick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here