Maxtoplay without a network?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Maxtoplay without a network?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 26. Juli 2019 at 8:20 #46495

I have just set up Maxtoplay, a Raspberry Pi, Raspberry 7″ screen, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro with Logitech media Server and Jivelite both running on the Pi with the music library on a USB SSD. It works fine, pretty good sound. However it seems to need either Ethernet or WiFi to be active in order to operate. If neither are present it cannot find the local USB drive. I realise that this is intended to be a network device but in the short term it would be very useful to be operational stand alone. Is this possible?

26. Juli 2019 at 10:21 #46500

Hi Robing,

Yes, this is possible. You need the Access Point Setup plugin which has an option „standalone mode“. This will let the Pi establish its own network „max2play“ to connect to.

26. Juli 2019 at 18:18 #46504

Thanks for the advice. I have the plugin operational and I can see and select maxtoplay as the wifi connection on both a phone and laptop but I cannot seem to access the setup pages. If I reconnect ethernet no problem and I can see the access point settings but it will not allow me to change the wifi driver or check standalone.

I am a complete neophyte at this so apologies in advance if this all seems very basic

29. Juli 2019 at 12:28 #46517

After setting up standalone with the tick, you can find a new network „max2play“ on your phone. Connect to it to control the Pi without your home network.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here