[SOLVED] Airplay Drop Out

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] Airplay Drop Out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 18. Januar 2017 at 2:32 #26014

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with a HifiBerry DAC+. I downloaded and installed the Max2Play image from this site. I chose the Simple Airplay from the configuration menu.

The set up works find and sounds great but I find that Airplay drops the connection randomly.
    I have turned off Bluetooth and it didn’t help.
    I ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade seemed to help some but it didn’t fix it.

Does anyone know why that might be happening? All of the fixes I found online are for Apple devices, not Raspberry Pi.

Edit: I did some experimenting and found that it does this with my Mid-2013 Macbook Air but I didn’t see it happen with my iPhone 6S.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by ahnyerkeester.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Heiner.
    18. Januar 2017 at 11:37 #26019

Dear ahnykeester,

Please try to deactivate your bluetooth of the Macbook Air. This should hopefully fix the problem which you have.

I looked a bit in the internet and found this: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/05/airplay-mirroring-bluetooth/

Best Regards

18. Januar 2017 at 20:01 #26104

Thank you Christopher. I had read similar articles and tried turning off Bluetooth but it didn’t help. However, I just tried it again and it seems to have worked. Also, I had the Raspberry Pi sitting on my desk next to my computer when I was having those problems. Once I moved it to the other room with my stereo I haven’t has as many drop outs. I streamed a station from Pandora and Airplay didn’t drop out before Pandora got to that „Are you still listening?“ page. So that’s an improvement.

The only time Airplay consistently drops out now is when I’m watching a YouTube playlist. It seems that at just about every video in the play list Airplay drops. Maybe it is the browser I’m using. I’ll keep experimenting and update this thread.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here