The following is a manual for the first start and setup of the Raspberry Pi with Max2Play. For the installation with MACOSX, look in the lower part of the article.
- Insert the micro SD-card with the preinstalled Max2Play image
- Connect your Raspberry Pi via LAN and with the power supply (for the right choice of power supply take a look in this article)
It is possible to connect your Raspberry Pi through WPS with your router. On first start, activate WPS on your router and your Raspberry Pi is automatically connected Please note: If you use WPS, your Pi’s first boot will take up to 2 minutes to set up everything properly. Please be patient.
- In the browser of a device of your choice (PC, Smartphone, Tablet), connected to your local network, type http://max2play/ into the URL bar and enter. A graphical user interface will appear, indicating the Max2Play Image you are using (HiFiBerry, IQaudIO or the Default-Image)
- Click on the menu tab Settings/Reboot. There, fill out the boxes for the email address (used during your purchase of the bundles) and a specific name for your device (e.g. “Living Room”; “Kitchen”; “Bath Room”)
Here is a video which can help you with this step
- Now click on the Button Expand Filesystem. After this it is important to reboot the system.
- After rebooting the system, update Max2Play. So you can be sure to have the current Max2Play Version. Now it is important to reboot the system.
- If you want to set up a connection to your router manually, head to the menu item WiFi/LAN . Here, you can use the Start Scan button to find your router. Alternatively, you can also enter the network name (SSID) and the access code (WPA/WPA2 encryption). Finally, set a tick at Load Wifi Interface. Now, the Raspberry Pi can be shut down under Settings/Reboot. The power supply and the LAN cable can also be disconnected from the device. Now reconnect the power supply and access the device again via browser (in this case, use the new name of the device, e.g. „<strong>/Livingroom/</strong>“)
Here is also a video which can help you with this step
- Now it is possible to personalize your start page. Under Settings/Reboot you can change the start page. So it is possible to see a defined plugin when opening the browser interface.
For IQaudIO and HiFiBerry sound cards, it is possible to choose different setups. You can find them on the plugin site of the sound card. Here, you can set up one of three use cases for Max2Play with a sound card. For other sound cards, choose one of the supported sound cards under the Raspberry Settings> menu.
This concludes the preparation of the device. You should now be able to access this device from any browser in your local network.
Installation of Max2Play with MACOSX:
- Download the Max2Play Image
- Unzip the file you get and you will have a .img file
- Use Etcher (instad of Win32DiskImager for Windows) to burn Max2Play to your micro SD-Card
- Click ‘select drive’ and select your micro SD-Card
- Click ‘Continue’
- When it finished remove the SD card and you can plug it in the Raspberry Pi or a device of your choice
- Now you can use Max2Play.