RaspberryPI 3 Wifi doesn't work; failed to start dhcpcd on all interfaces

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI RaspberryPI 3 Wifi doesn't work; failed to start dhcpcd on all interfaces

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 8. August 2016 at 8:07 #22074

Hi,

I am using Rasberry Pi 3, but can’t get wifi to work. Although I have followed the instructions on modifying the /etc/network/interfaces , but still can’t get any ip to associate with wlan0.

Every time during the boot up process, I received a dhcpcd failed message–does it have anything to do with the wifi not connecting? Thanks!

8. August 2016 at 18:14 #22091

Hello subads,

you do not have to change anything on the network interface. It works everything about the browser control of Max2Play. WLAN is pre-installed. With a fresh install you only need to start up raspberry pi and activate at the same time WPS on your router. And it should be connected after start up.

9. August 2016 at 4:42 #22093

Christoph:

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I live in a condo where all tenants share the wifi, which is provided by the management, with each other, and only management has the access to the router, not the tenants. So, I put all the login information in the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. I could be wrong, but since the wpa_supplicant.conf has all my login information, it should automatically log into the network once it is boot up, right? Do I need to to have access to the router in order for this to work? Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Charles

18. August 2016 at 17:52 #22325

Hello subads,

it is possible to configure the wifi in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

But it is very important to activate the option „load network interface“ in the wifi settings of Max2Play. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

10. September 2016 at 22:39 #22979
    11. September 2016 at 23:18 #22984

Removing content and moving to a new topic.

12. September 2016 at 17:32 #22991

Remove content and move to a new topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here