[HowTo Added] Spotty LMS Plugin: Now Preinstalled on all M2P LMS

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [HowTo Added] Spotty LMS Plugin: Now Preinstalled on all M2P LMS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 18. Mai 2017 at 11:16 #28902

Please forgive the duplication of this post which I also posted on the Spotify Connect thread, but I was not sure whether it deserved a new thread.

This is a different angle from a max2play plugin as such but Heiner have you seen that the ever-wonderful Michael Herger is testing a new plugin using the Librespot library here
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107418-For-the-brave-only-the-Spotty-Spotify-implementation&p=884041&posted=1#post884041

I have not had the chance to try it out with max2play yet, but it would be great if we could give Michael any assistance necessary to make sure this works with Max2play (he says it is ok with raspbian but it seems perhaps not with picorelayer.) Perhaps I should start a new thread?

18. Mai 2017 at 21:46 #28933

Ok I have had a go installing the new „spotty“ plugin which if it workd will allow lms users to continue using a spotify plugin without having to go over to a connect server as threatened later this year.

Unfortunately it appears that this will not work on my max2play installation using rasbian wheezy because it is using GLIBC 2.13. It seems that Spotty may require GLIBC 2.17 or 2.18
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107418-For-the-brave-only-the-Spotty-Spotify-implementation&p=884078&viewfull=1#post884078

So Max2Play people, can I update GLIBC on my existing installation or would I be better off using a fresh Max2play install with Jessie?

It would be great if other could have a go on this too as it is really important to be able to keep spotify working under LMS with max2pay

19. Mai 2017 at 9:56 #28939

Hi adamd,

Thanks for jumping right in.

Firstly, there are still two properly functioning solutions for the LMS to run Spotify, currently.
    Either, our guide for the 3rd party triode plugin: https://www.max2play.com/en/how-tos/howto-spotify/
    Or, NizzyAmps‘ setup of the official Spotify plugin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8dYcOyrxLY

Secondly, we would recommend you try a fresh image. Those are all based in Jessie lite and should make for a better testing basis.

19. Mai 2017 at 10:37 #28942

Heiner
    Thanks -I will try a new max2play install

I suspect from your last post about the properly „functioning solutions“ that you may not be aware that they are based on libspotify which is going to cease to work some time this year. This has been announced by spotify, but the precise date remains certain. This has been covered in detail over at forums.slimdevices. Apologies if you did realise that (of course the existing solutions are currently still working- but for how long?)

It is therefore essential for a new solution to be found either by using spotify connect or by adapting the existing plugins to use Librespot. This is the premise behind the title to this thread. I’m sure spotify connect would be great for some people but the native spotify plugin in LMS is a real bonus and something which marks it out from other music software (eg certainly Roon, and also I think JRiver, perhaps also Volumio)which does not have a built in Spotify functionality. I think that a a lot of users would therefore benefit from the development of the new Spotty app- it’s a case of „everything has to change so that everything can stay the same“

I’m sure you have many other calls on your resources but I think this is important enough that it would be worth one of your programmers dropping a line to Michael Herger to see whether there is anything easy that can be done to make the max2play install compatible with spotty.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by adamd.
    19. Mai 2017 at 11:06 #28947

We’re absolutely on the same page, which is why I am completely supporting Michael’s efforts and yours in bringing more visibility to them.

However, I wanted to make sure that new users are aware that they can still currently use the solutions above and are not scared away from using Max2Play by reading that Spotify currently requires new hope and is dead, they work.

We are keenly aware that a lot of users would prefer an LMS implementation over a standalone Spotify Connect solution (for which our beta just went out) and are also looking into an LMS integration (of our Spotify Connect solution) at the moment.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Heiner.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Heiner.
    19. Mai 2017 at 11:14 #28950

My apologies. Yes, May2play’s implementation of LMS is excellent and currently works very well with spotify.

19. Mai 2017 at 11:18 #28951

No reason for apologies, I understand your enthusiasm on the new LMS solution and will try to make time to test myself, soon 😉

22. Mai 2017 at 12:31 #28996

Hi guys,

We tested the new authentication method and it works great. You can keep your official Spotify plugin, add the new Spotty from Herger, authenticate from your app, and all should work fine.

22. Mai 2017 at 12:36 #28997

Yes it seems to be working fine for me under Jessie. It’s worth noting that you keep the Spotify plugin but you have to remove the plugin Spotify protocol handler. Otherwise very straightforward for anyone running the latest Max2play Jessie image.

22. Mai 2017 at 13:00 #28999

Yes, thanks for that addition.

Important, please make sure:

– That you have a MySqueezeBox.com-Account.
    – That your Players‘ MAC addresses are active in that Account („Players“ in MySqueezeBox.com)
    – That your Spotify Plugin is active and your premium login is entered in MySqueezeBox.com (My Apps -> Spotify in MySqueezeBox.com)

2. Juni 2017 at 21:01 #29220

Hi at all.
    Today i tested the new plugin and it works fine and is faster than the old plugin in switching through the menus.
    One thing i dont get is to bring the plugin shortcut to the main menu. I set it up in the options of MySqueezeBox.com but i doesn’t help and there is no option by pressing longer on spotify in jivelight itself.
    Any ideas?

The other ting i recognize is that sometimes at the start of a jivelight player not all options of the squeezebox like spotify or the musik libary is seen and i coudn’t find out why. When i switch to another player i can see everthing as expected.

6. Juni 2017 at 12:20 #29251

Great to hear it works, motamas!

Your issues seem to be connected to your setup and LMS. Please either create a thread on the specific issues and your setup here or check out the discussion on the LMS plugin by Herger here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107418-For-the-brave-only-the-Spotty-Spotify-implementation/page29

13. Juni 2017 at 11:02 #29529

Gestern Abend mal getestet.
    Funktioniert wunderbar.

Danke

20. Juni 2017 at 14:04 #29651

Danke für das positive Feedback, Timmbo!

27. Juli 2017 at 13:21 #30209

Hi everybody,

We now changed our HowTo on using Spotify with LMS to implement Spotty instead of triode’s third party plugin.

Check it out here: https://www.max2play.com/en/how-tos/howto-spotify/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here