Reply To: Pi 3b+, USB music collection, Bluetooth speaker & control by iPhone

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Pi 3b+, USB music collection, Bluetooth speaker & control by iPhone Reply To: Pi 3b+, USB music collection, Bluetooth speaker & control by iPhone

3. Februar 2024 at 15:24 #53061

Hello Stefan,

> it seems like you successfully installed everything, but now the Pi is loosing the bluetooth connection or the bluetooth connection is not very stable.
Thanks – you are right, but I’m not able to get the problem, WHY the bluetooth connection is not stable… I also tried the Pi without housing – didn’t change anything. THe bluetooth speker was also placed next to the Pi, so no long distance between Pi and speaker.

> What you can try: use ethernet connection and no USB-Stick to confirm that bluetooth is working. If that is the case you might use a different power-supply
The power supply can drive up to 3A – is that not enough?

> If bluetooth is still a problem, you might also try a external bluetooth stick. To use this, you need to disable the build in bluetooth device on the „Raspberry Pi Stettings“ tab in the webinterface.
But an external Bluetooth stick will draw additional power from the USB output… So, I think this won’t be a good solution…

Greetings,
Martin

PS: due to your late reply from the support, the bluetooth licence is not available any more…