Reply To: External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting Reply To: External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting

9. Oktober 2022 at 12:24 #52426

Sorry for the delayed reply and update.

Very good advice from MarioM to: „…burn a fresh Max2Play image setting up everything from scratch…“ which is mostly what I did.

This worked to restore both the audio output to my analog speakers from my HifiBerry Amp2 hat and also allowed my Rpi-3b to see and mount an external USB-drive with it’s vFAT filesystem containing my local library of MP3 music files. Previously the external USB-drive filesystem was EXT4, which is certainly a better filesystem than vFAT (exFAT ?) but I wanted the ability to unplug the USB-drive from the Max2Play server and update the library from another computer if necessary. Also setup a SAMBA share on the Max2Play and will see if I can update the library remotely over the LAN just as I had before my Max2Play system became damaged, most likely from my own error in updating and reconfiguring the OS.

I appreciate the advice and support from Max2Play and will most certainly renew my Max2Play license again when it comes due.

Was able to restore Max2play settings I had previously documented. When I re-installed Squeezebox-Server (LMS) to the latest v8.3 build (my previous version was v8.2) everything worked just fine, however I made the mistake of reloading a 500-MB backup xx.tar file of old LMS settings. Thought this would mostly be LMS plugins and a few config files, but it seems to have also contained my old library database which pointed to the wrong music library location. Should have known the plugins and config files were not likely to be 500-MB in size, though a full database could be. Have pointed LMS to the new correct music library on the USB-drive and LMS is deleting the old database entries, re-scanning and hopefully will patch the new database ..etc. Mentioning this so other users will avoid my mistake if pointers to their music library have changed since the LMS settings backup was saved.

Thank-you, from the NW corner of the Vereinigte Staaten.