Reply To: External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting Reply To: External USB drive Formatted exfat plugged into Raspberry Pi 3b NOT mounting

8. September 2022 at 14:00 #52397

Hi Mark,

I’m sorry that your image is now broken. I would recommend using a new SD card and burning a fresh Max2Play image and setting everything up from scratch. There is the possibility to backup the image and write it to a new SD card, but then you would also inherit all the errors. Unfortunately, it is not possible to save only the plugin settings.
If you do not necessarily need the latest kernel and packages, I would advise you not to update them manually, but to wait until we offer a new image with an updated kernel. With manual updates, we can never guarantee that the system will still function correctly afterwards.
If you have burned the new image onto the SD card, please check (before you make changes to the system or the plugins) whether the hard disk is recognised in the file system/mount plugin and whether you can save/mount it. I would advise you not to mount the hard disk manually via commands, but to use the functions in the Max2Play web interface. This way we can help you better with troubleshooting.