Reply To: Shuffle stops spontaneously, perhaps due to multi squeeze, since removed

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Shuffle stops spontaneously, perhaps due to multi squeeze, since removed Reply To: Shuffle stops spontaneously, perhaps due to multi squeeze, since removed

12. November 2021 at 23:28 #51784

Thank you for the reply.

I now have two Raspberry Pi computers playing music. I have found that the one that is running Max2Play and misbehaving also misbehaves when running Volumio, and the one that was running Volumio works correctly with Max2Play. So my first RPi is having hardware problems.

These days, I am always most suspicious of software and settings problems, but this looks like hardware.

To answer the original question about volatile memory in case any future users searching come upon this, I now understand that this is how it works: All the nonvolatile memory is on the SD card. When I replace my SD card with a cloned copy, it still has a lot of state and library information on it. The best way to eliminate unfortunate state information is to recreate the SD card starting with a Max2Play download.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.