Reply To: [HowTo Added] Spotty LMS Plugin: Now Preinstalled on all M2P LMS

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [HowTo Added] Spotty LMS Plugin: Now Preinstalled on all M2P LMS Reply To: [HowTo Added] Spotty LMS Plugin: Now Preinstalled on all M2P LMS

19. Mai 2017 at 10:37 #28942

Heiner
Thanks -I will try a new max2play install

I suspect from your last post about the properly „functioning solutions“ that you may not be aware that they are based on libspotify which is going to cease to work some time this year. This has been announced by spotify, but the precise date remains certain. This has been covered in detail over at forums.slimdevices. Apologies if you did realise that (of course the existing solutions are currently still working- but for how long?)

It is therefore essential for a new solution to be found either by using spotify connect or by adapting the existing plugins to use Librespot. This is the premise behind the title to this thread. I’m sure spotify connect would be great for some people but the native spotify plugin in LMS is a real bonus and something which marks it out from other music software (eg certainly Roon, and also I think JRiver, perhaps also Volumio)which does not have a built in Spotify functionality. I think that a a lot of users would therefore benefit from the development of the new Spotty app- it’s a case of „everything has to change so that everything can stay the same“

I’m sure you have many other calls on your resources but I think this is important enough that it would be worth one of your programmers dropping a line to Michael Herger to see whether there is anything easy that can be done to make the max2play install compatible with spotty.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by adamd.