I followed your advice and put a little trust in the M2P team. Have to say, you folks have figured out a few things. I got the Google Music part working now, but only after I did a complete re-install of the LMS server and plugin. No, I didn’t use a 3rd party plugin before. After the re-install, I signed in again to Google Music with my credentials and a registered Google ID. Helpful to know that you need to use the „Google Framework ID“ as presented by the „Device ID“ Android app.
1) LMS server is binding itself to the wlan0 interface. Why? I have both eth0 and wlan0 running. Right now, LMS is skipping the music stream like crazy. When I stop the stream, network buffering seems to catch up and play the stream cleanly for 2-3 minutes before it starts stuttering again. Very annoying. I know I can shut down wlan0 and restart LMS, which is what I will start next. Hope to have LMS bind to eth0 and see if that stops the stuttering. Either way, my wifi connection at home is excellent, so I think something else is the problem.
(edited): skipping continues with LMS bound to eth0. So it’s not a network interface problem. Appears to be happening with G Music streams and with the local library and NAS streams, but it took 6-7 minutes for the NAS stream to start skipping.
2) Sampling rate remains at 44.1 kHz, no matter what I try. I opted for the CLI option -r 192000 under „Advanced Edit“ in the Squeezelite configuration and the tried the LMS setting in Player/Audio/Bitrate Limiting = 192000. Neither option produces 192000. My DAC handles 384kHz PCM if needed, but I’ll be happy with 192k.
If you have a recommendation on these two issues….that would be great.
Beste Grüße, -frank