Reply To: Connecting to Freenas cifs share from Pi3+HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Connecting to Freenas cifs share from Pi3+HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro Reply To: Connecting to Freenas cifs share from Pi3+HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

9. November 2016 at 21:43 #23848

Thanks for a reply. I am not having any success connecting to my FreeNAS music share through your product.
Here are some of the variations that I have tried ;
Path Mountpoint Type Options
//192.168.1.7/mnt/Big-Blob/Music /mnt/share cifs user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
//192.168.1.7/mnt/Big-Blob/Music /mnt/share cifs user=nobody,password=,sec=none,iocharset=utf8
//192.168.1.17/Big-Blob /mnt/share cifs user=nobody,password=,sec=none,iocharset=utf8 Save
//192.168.1.7/Big-Blob /mnt/share cifs —-this left completely blank—–
//192.168.1.17/share /mnt/share cifs user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

Here are the error messages from M2P
mount: /etc/fstab: parse error: ignore entry at line 10. Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) Timed out Password for root@//192.168.1.7/Big-Blob: mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Mountpoint NOT added! Please refer to the description below!

To connect to all my FreeNAS shares from RedHat Linux all I need to do in the file manager is to „connect to server“, pull down „windows shares“ and then enter the Freenas ip address „192.168.1.7“ and all the cifs shares appear in a new window including the Music share.

Can you provide any guidance as to what I have to do with your product to get it to connect to the FreeNAS cifs shares ?