Reply To: Access Point on demand?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Access Point on demand? Reply To: Access Point on demand?

7. September 2016 at 12:14 #22897

Hello mol,

Thanks for your request.

To your first question:

When I’m on my local network and forget to activate the Access Point Plugin then leave my home network, I think I cannot switch on the Access Point Plugin anymore as I cannot connect to the raspi then, correct?

Right, this is not possible. If the access point is not activated and you leave your local network you cannot activat it again, only you re-enter your local network.

Second question:

– Is it possible to have a timeout on the home connection (if no “home” connect within say 60sec, activate AP + “self” instead)?

For this, it is possible to write your own script and to integrate it into Max2Play with the Pluginbuilder

It gives a example which you can use in order to understand. This is the script which is checking that the Wifi / LAN furthermore is connected. It is called autoreconnect_wifi and you can find it in /opt/max2play/start_audioplayer.sh

With this it is possible to write your own script to start the AP if wifi is not connected. The access point starts with this:

/var/www/max2play/application/plugins/accesspoint/scripts/install_accesspoint.sh

For example (it is only a idea):

#!/bin/bash
if [ "$(LANG=C && sudo /sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet addr:' | wc -l)" -lt "1" -a "$(LANG=C && sudo /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep 'inet addr:' | wc -l)" -lt "1" ]; then
   sudo /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/accesspoint/scripts/install_accesspoint.sh; sudo reboot;
fi

It is possible to enter in crontab or something like that. Like start_audioplayer.sh script with user: pi and crontab -e

We are eager about your solution and would be pleased about a few pictures of your solution. With your permission, we would then also publish a blog post on our site and via our social media channels.

Thanks for your effort.