Reply To: Rpi2 + Hifiberry Amp + 7" official Touchscreen = no USB harddisk (no power)

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Rpi2 + Hifiberry Amp + 7" official Touchscreen = no USB harddisk (no power) Reply To: Rpi2 + Hifiberry Amp + 7" official Touchscreen = no USB harddisk (no power)

29. August 2016 at 13:29 #22694

Hi Christoph,

I’m sorry I forgot to mention in my second post too, that I already activated max usb current (and even checkt it in the config.txt).

Regarding the additional 2,5A power supply I’m a little bit confused. Where exactly should I plug it in?
At the moment, I am powering the display via GPIO jumpers / cables. 5V+- from the pi GPIOs to the power input pins of the display board.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to power the display separately? The official raspberry pi page is talking about 500 mA that are needed´(https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/the-eagerly-awaited-raspberry-pi-display/).
I think, I’ll try this one first. But it really would be a pitty if I needed two seperate power supplies as I am planning to integrate the display and the amp in a box and just wanted one single cable to plug into an power inlet.

I’m looking forward to any further ideas and hope we will get the display and the harddrive powered by one supply.

Regards
Muhackl