Reply To: Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3 Reply To: Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3

10. April 2016 at 14:11 #19735

I was about to give up and start again from scratch as I got stuttering sound whatever parameter I modified. Then I tried to edit /boot/config.txt to check if I had any hidden parameter.
I saw this at the end of the file

kernel=kernel-m2p-4.1.13-v7+.img

I tried to comment this line to see if it had any effect of loading a different kernel, and if loading a different kernel would have any effect.

# kernel=kernel-m2p-4.1.13-v7+.img

Also I had commented the snd_usb_hiface module out of /etc/modules so loading a standard kernel would not shout at me for missing module.

# snd_usb_hiface

And after reboot SUCCESS stuttering is GONE FOR GOOD even when using wifi access !!
So I don’t know what is wrong within the kernel provided by M2P, but network access definitely screws up the sound on USB DAC with Rpi3.

Overall I am quite relieved to have nailed this issue and I can now do updates and upgrades…