Reply To: Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3

Max2Play Home › Forums › Max2Play on Raspberry PI › Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3 › Reply To: Stutering is back with 2.29… But not the same… Beware before moving to Pi3

10. April 2016 at 14:11 #19735

I was about to give up and start again from scratch as I got stuttering sound whatever parameter I modified. Then I tried to edit /boot/config.txt to check if I had any hidden parameter.
I saw this at the end of the file

kernel=kernel-m2p-4.1.13-v7+.img

I tried to comment this line to see if it had any effect of loading a different kernel, and if loading a different kernel would have any effect.

# kernel=kernel-m2p-4.1.13-v7+.img

Also I had commented the snd_usb_hiface module out of /etc/modules so loading a standard kernel would not shout at me for missing module.

# snd_usb_hiface

And after reboot SUCCESS stuttering is GONE FOR GOOD even when using wifi access !!
So I don’t know what is wrong within the kernel provided by M2P, but network access definitely screws up the sound on USB DAC with Rpi3.

Overall I am quite relieved to have nailed this issue and I can now do updates and upgrades…