Max2Play Home › Forums › Max2Play on Raspberry PI › Stuttering or no sound on resume every morning or so… PCM2707 USB DAC › Reply To: Stuttering or no sound on resume every morning or so… PCM2707 USB DAC
Update on my issue. I have managed to log at sdebug level and forced the output to -o hw:1,0 and set the -a to 300:4:16::
So far so good !
First interesting thing, if I launch the squeezelite process using the default pi user, I get two errors with output_init_alsa. One for locking memory, one for setting output sched fifo rt. These errors do not occur if I launch squeezelite as root user. So there seems to be a problem in the user permissions for pi user locking memory and fifo rate when launching squeezelite with default settings. I have checked that the pi user is part of the audio user group.
As a side note, it is also impossible to get logs outputs from squeezelite process to /var/log due to default pi user permissions (ok this is kinda normal, but frankly it is annoying…).
IMHO These behaviors should be addressed at the distro level ! Also it would be quite useful to have a logging drop down list or toggle from within the web GUI, not a very difficult thing to do and extremely useful for everybody.
Second point, I see that libmad is the main codec used (as it is the mp3 decoder by default). I managed to grab the following errors today which do not currently trigger the stuttering issue. Playback resumes normally by itself so far. I believe that these errors are related to the audio stream itself (web radio).
[11:13:27.264582] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: lost synchronization
[11:13:27.269263] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: forbidden bitrate value
[11:13:27.269359] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: reserved sample frequency value
[11:13:27.269446] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: lost synchronization
[11:13:27.272419] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: bad main_data_begin pointer
Overall I have found the following post, showing a very similar behavior, and related to libmad. If I still have errors, I will try to exclude the mad codec using the launch parameter -e mad
- This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Lefuneste.