Reply To: Stuttering or no sound on resume every morning or so… PCM2707 USB DAC

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Stuttering or no sound on resume every morning or so… PCM2707 USB DAC Reply To: Stuttering or no sound on resume every morning or so… PCM2707 USB DAC

20. Februar 2016 at 20:17 #18622

Update on my issue. I have managed to log at sdebug level and forced the output to -o hw:1,0 and set the -a to 300:4:16::
So far so good !

First interesting thing, if I launch the squeezelite process using the default pi user, I get two errors with output_init_alsa. One for locking memory, one for setting output sched fifo rt. These errors do not occur if I launch squeezelite as root user. So there seems to be a problem in the user permissions for pi user locking memory and fifo rate when launching squeezelite with default settings. I have checked that the pi user is part of the audio user group.

As a side note, it is also impossible to get logs outputs from squeezelite process to /var/log due to default pi user permissions (ok this is kinda normal, but frankly it is annoying…).

IMHO These behaviors should be addressed at the distro level ! Also it would be quite useful to have a logging drop down list or toggle from within the web GUI, not a very difficult thing to do and extremely useful for everybody.

Second point, I see that libmad is the main codec used (as it is the mp3 decoder by default). I managed to grab the following errors today which do not currently trigger the stuttering issue. Playback resumes normally by itself so far. I believe that these errors are related to the audio stream itself (web radio).

[11:13:27.264582] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: lost synchronization
[11:13:27.269263] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: forbidden bitrate value
[11:13:27.269359] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: reserved sample frequency value
[11:13:27.269446] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: lost synchronization
[11:13:27.272419] mad_decode:230 mad_frame_decode error: bad main_data_begin pointer

Overall I have found the following post, showing a very similar behavior, and related to libmad. If I still have errors, I will try to exclude the mad codec using the launch parameter -e mad

https://github.com/DigitalDreamtimeLtd/squeezelite/issues/52

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Lefuneste.