Reply To: [SOLVED] Infrared remote for Max2Play rpi Squeezebox

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Infrared remote for Max2Play rpi Squeezebox Reply To: [SOLVED] Infrared remote for Max2Play rpi Squeezebox

7. Januar 2016 at 11:35 #17601

Hi,

I’ve nearly the same configuration (7″ touch + jive lite + tsop4838@gpio + XBOX one remote clone) for both of my kids very stable and nearly indestructible.

At first I played around with some default key mappings like „KEY_RIGHT“ this worked – but the remote has a lot of more keys 😉
Since Jive Lite has no native IR/lirc support, I had to use irxevent:
1.) complete lircd.conf for all keys you wanted to use (for such a much-used remote like the XBOX one just download it somewhere ;-))
2.) take the whole needed mapping from IR-keys to the keyboard control of jive lite (reference: InputToActionMap.lua) in the lircrc config file
for example:

# Remote: VolumeUp
# Jivelite '+'
begin
   remote = XBOX-ONE
   prog = irxevent
   button = VolumeUp
   config = Key plus jivelite
end

or for multiple keyboard action just double the block:

# Remote: big green button
# jivelite at first stop playback 'C'
begin
   remote = XBOX-ONE
   prog = irxevent
   button = XboxFancyButton
   config = Key shift-c jivelite
end
# Remote: big green button
# jivelite second power off for display backlight 'q'
begin
   remote = XBOX-ONE
   prog = irxevent
   button = XboxFancyButton
   config = Key q jivelite
end

Instead of jivelite you may use CurrentWindow as target for the keyboard emulation and control even other applications with the mapped keys in the lircrc.

3.) On startup you need a script which waits for the successfull start of lircd and jivelite to start finally irxevent e.g.
irxevent /etc/lirc/lircrc

Always check lircd for running correctly (e.g. via irw) – otherwise thee hardware.conf may be not correct…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Bort.
  • This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Bort.