Wolfson / Cirris card settings not showing on Raspberry Pi B

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Wolfson / Cirris card settings not showing on Raspberry Pi B

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 28. Dezember 2015 at 20:33 #17492

Hi there,

I’ve installed the max2play image on a Raspberry Pi B with the original Wolfson Card, everything is working, and Squeezelite can output audio from the card, but on the ‚Raspberry Settings‘ page of the Web UI, under the ‚Choose Soundcard to load on boot (device tree overlay‘ the UI shows ‚None‘.

I selected the Wolfson option during configuration and it has installed the relevant kernel and drivers, but for some reason the setting here in the Web UI isn’t reflecting the change, which means I’m not getting the additional settings for selecting the Wolfson audio output (i.e. Heaphones / Line Out / SPDIF etc).

This did work the first time I installed max2play, but after re-imaging the card (I made the mistake of running the package update, which broke the Wolfson card operation) the UI isn’t reflecting the Wolfson card activation.

It’s not a huge problem as I mainly use it as a bedside audio player with headphones, but occasionally I connect it to a bluetooth speaker via the line out, so it would be useful to be able to configure this.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by ALW.
    1. Februar 2016 at 11:56 #18271

Hi ALW,

thank you for your post.

Are you still having problems with your Wolfson sound card after updating to the new kernel?

With Max2Play 2.27, we added support for Wolfons cards and the new kernel version. Therefore, you could either start all over again with a new image or update to the latest version and choose your Wolfson soundcard from the dropdown menu.

Maximilian from Max2Play

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here