Wolfson Card – Use Audio In for external source

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Wolfson Card – Use Audio In for external source

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 14. Mai 2016 at 22:04 #20145

I have a Pi with Wolfson card running Squeezelite Player connected to the AUX input of my HiFi Amp. All hunky dory except that before the Pi I had another source connected to that AUX input and I have no other aux inputs available.

So, is it possible to configure the Wolfson card so that anything connected to the Audio In connecter will be passed through to the Audio Out connector if the SqueezeLite is not playing?

27. Mai 2016 at 12:34 #20354

Hi Sabreur,
    This is should be possible. However, this application is very specific and we cannot offer any direct instructions. We did find this discussion on the same topic: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=64567
    You could also buy an input splitter with two inputs for your output. Or, if you still have a digital input left, you could buy a HiFiBerry Digi+ to connect your Pi and free up the AUX input.

28. Mai 2016 at 10:07 #20388

Hi Heiner,

Thanks for that but I’m not sure that I have the necessary skills to produce the code!

Thinking about this more, however, it occurs to me that this could provide a valuable extra facility to the LMS; ie. multi-room distribution of the external input.

30. Mai 2016 at 4:20 #20399

Hello,

If the analogue input to the Cirrus/Wolfson audio card could be activated in Max2play and ‚passed‘ through to the outputs, I think that would provide a great feature for the system. I often use the built in power amplifier of the Cirrus/Wolfson card, and a line input would enable a phono-preamplifier, CD player, TV etc to be used as a source for the audio system.

Regards,
    Simon

6. Juni 2016 at 21:38 #20524

Hello

Same with digital audio input. It would be a great feature to choose from different audio inputs (line in, coax) for recording purposes or to use it as a preamp for analogue oder digital sound inputs.
    I have manually installed the „Waveinput“ Plugin for Squeezeboxserver. However, this did not work, since there is no option to change/choose different audio input. The waveinput plugin seems no more compatible with curent hard-/software, probably that’s why it is no more listed in the plugin list of Squeezboxserver.

Other question: does the curent Kernel work with the „old“ original Wolfson audio card?

Regards
    Phil

7. Juni 2016 at 1:04 #20527

Other question: does the curent Kernel work with the “old” original Wolfson audio card?

Works fine for me.

21. Juni 2016 at 21:13 #20806

Thx. Finally, works fine for me too!

Still looking for a solution to use audio input.
    Here is a description: http://www.horus.com/~hias/cirrus-driver.html
    No idea if its compatible to max2play kernel.
    Did s.o. try it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here