Wlan adapter LOGILINK WL0238

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 15. März 2016 at 10:16 #19270

Is this adapter (8811AU chip) supported by the Raspi 2 image?

Gerhardc

17. März 2016 at 14:48 #19336

Hi gerhardc,

thank you for your request.

Max2Play is based on Raspbian. For a list of supported devices you may look at this list. The WLAN Adapter available in our shop is currently the Logilink WL0084B with Ralink RT5370 Chipset, which works just fine. We have no experience with the particular model you mentioned, though.

Roman from Max2Play

22. April 2016 at 16:11 #19911

Hi

I have a Hifiberry DAC+ whith Pi2 and a WLAN USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Modul with Antenne for Raspberry Pi (300Mbps) PI-ADA-1030

I’m not able to configure the WLAN-Module
    With Raspi I have network- and internet-access with LAN (I can play music streams with KODI)
    but I can’t reach the WebInterface „http://max2play“ I get the message „Safari can’t find the Server“ (max2play)

what I have to do?

Thanks, regards
    Max

25. April 2016 at 13:44 #19938

Hi Max,
    Did you disconnect the LAN cable during reboot? Otherwise, the LAN connection might override the WiFi and when you then disconnect the cable, the connection is still LAN. Also, does the web interface show an active wifi module and have you ticked the wifi interface on to load?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Heiner.
    5. Mai 2016 at 11:40 #20057

Hi Heiner

I’m not comming to „reboot“, because I can’t open the web interface
    when I put in „http://max2play/“ I get quickly the message „Failed to open page“

I don’t know what else…

5. Mai 2016 at 13:50 #20059

hi

Web interface is ok! it works with the internal IP-Address
    all updates and further change I could provided
    but not the WLAN!

WiFi & Network configuration
    Data saved
    Status: WiFi USB adapter status is active. WiFi connection status is active (IP: NO IP! No connection!)

this after „reboot“

Debug: Saving WPA-Supplicant (Line 12: unknown global field ’ssid=“UPC0050309″‚. Line 12: Invalid configuration line ’ssid=“UPC0050309″‚. Line 13: unknown global field ’scan_ssid=1′. Line 13: Invalid configuration line ’scan_ssid=1‘. Line 14: unknown global field ‚proto=RSN‘. Line 14: Invalid configuration line ‚proto=RSN‘. Line 15: unknown global field ‚key_mgmt=WPA-PSK‘. Line 15: Invalid configuration line ‚key_mgmt=WPA-PSK‘. Line 16: unknown global field ‚pairwise=CCMP TKIP‘. Line 16: Invalid configuration line ‚pairwise=CCMP TKIP‘. Line 17: unknown global field ‚group=CCMP TKIP‘. Line 17: Invalid configuration line ‚group=CCMP TKIP‘. Line 18: unknown global field ‚psk=“IAAGSQQQ“‚. Line 18: Invalid configuration line ‚psk=“IAAGSQQQ“‚. Line 25: invalid key_mgmt ‚WPA2-PSK‘ Line 25: no key_mgmt values configured. Line 25: failed to parse key_mgmt ‚WPA2-PSK‘. Line 29: failed to parse network block. Failed to read or parse configuration ‚/opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf‘. Reloading /etc/samba/smb.conf: smbd only. )
    WLAN activated – please reboot device
    Data saved

always the same debug-Info after setting the new ssid and WPA-Key

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Max Müller.
    12. Mai 2016 at 13:02 #20099

Hi Max,
    Thanks for the detailed response. We have found an issue with older images updated to 2.30 that might cuase your troubles. It is fixed in our newest update, 2.31. Please update your system and check if you still cannot get an IP address for your WiFi connection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here