WIFI WPA-AES supported?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI WIFI WPA-AES supported?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 7. November 2015 at 19:54 #16802

hello everyone,
    first of all, congratulation for this amazing work.
    I’ve bought a WIFI USB Dongle http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004QO3KKI which is announced as supported on Raspberry Pi card.
    once i’ve put it via PuTTY the dongle is natively discovered i think as i can see:

root@Speaker:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0846:9043 NetGear, Inc.

but from the web interface, i’m not able to reach my wifi 2.4G network with a WPA-AES password. so i’m wondering if it is not related to this.
    can anyone give me advice & help on this topic?
    thank you in advance

9. November 2015 at 14:46 #16820

Hi jayce,
    Normally, our system supports both WPA and WPA2 encryption. On the webinterface, under WIFI/LAN, does the connection status say „active“ or „not active“? Because if it is active, you can click „start scan“ and find your network or type in the SSID and the password yourself to connect it.
    If your dongle is not recognized, maybe try to disconnect any other periphery and see if that might be problem. Also, if you have any other WiFi-Sticks from friends, etc. you can try one of them to see if it might be a problem with the hardware.

10. November 2015 at 17:43 #16835

Hi Heiner,

thank you for your reply, no the connection status says „no active“ so i’m not able to see my WIFI SSID network.
    my dongle has been bought especially for this purpose, and based on the comments on Amazon that this key is natively supported.
    the key works well and almost instantaneously with my Windows laptop.
    i’ve tested with another wiki dongle and it didn’t work either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here