Which image for IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ with 7" touchscreen

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Which image for IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ with 7" touchscreen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 25. November 2015 at 20:34 #17031

Hi there,
    I need to re-install my max2play image, and have noticed that there are now images for the 7″ touchscreen as well as the IQaudIO Pi-DAC+.
    I have both attached to my Pi, so was wondering which one I should download.
    That is, is there any difference between downloading the touchscreen image and setting up the Pi-DAC+ on it compared to downloading the IQaudIO version and setting up the touchscreen and Jivelite on it.
    Many thanks for your help and clarification.

2. Dezember 2015 at 16:54 #17104

Hi jademonkee,
    Technically, there should be no difference. However, the IQaudio image is specifically set up for those sound cards with a start page to select your card and some pre-configured setups for music applications. While the touchscreen image is for direct use of the screen upon first booting. So, whichever you prefer you might use. You can also try out both and tell us which one you would prefer for your use.

2. Dezember 2015 at 18:35 #17105

Thanks for the info.
    I opted for the JiveLite version, as I thought it would save the time it takes to compile it. But as you now offer a pre-compiled version, the choice now seems arbitrary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here