Wavin with current max2play

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Wavin with current max2play

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 5. Januar 2017 at 12:06 #25552

Hi everybody,

I am new to the max2play project so please forgive me if this question is basic. At the moment I am struggling heavily with getting the waveinput plugin workin within max2play. I followed the installation instructions (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49584-Announce-WaveInput-for-Linux) but it just does not work with max2play.

In particular I set up an external soundcard (C-Media chipset) at the raspberry and I can successfully access the line-in of the soundcard using

arecord –device=plughw:1,0 –format S16_LE –rate 44100 -V mono

however if I try to add the address

wavin:plughw:1,0

or

wavin:hw:1,0

to favorites and start playing it, nothing but silence can be heard. Is it possible that there is another address to be used due to the pulse soundframework which is used in max2play. If this is the case can you help me setting this up.

Thanks

13. Januar 2017 at 15:11 #25855

Hi aschiller,
    Have you contacted slimdevices forums regarding this setup? We have not yet had a lot of experience with the WaveInput plugin and its capabilities, however, we would be interested in hearing what could be possible with it in combination with Max2Play.

14. August 2017 at 21:54 #30626

@aschiller: the URL would be wavin:pulse, but this is not working for me.

According to bpa, author of the wavePlugin, it seems nearly impossible to use his plugin with pulseAudio, when Squeezebox Server is running as a daemon: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49584-Announce-WaveInput-for-Linux&p=689002&viewfull=1#post689002

@Heiner
    : Maybe it’s possible to run Squeezebox Server as user „pi“?

-Oliver

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by oli.
    13. September 2017 at 12:48 #31302

Hi aschiller and Oli,

No, unfortunately running SBS as „pi“ is not a possibility.

For now please note that the pulse framework is only activated when you use our Bluetooth plugin. Otherwise, you should get all ALSA features including „arecord“ and should also be able to use it as your input for waveinput.

But, we will try to test this with the Digi I/O and let you know. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here