Vnc server and network drive problems

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Vnc server and network drive problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 12. November 2015 at 13:09 #16881

I am having trouble with VNCserver at the moment. Max2play is working fine as a squeezelite player, and I am able to access rasbian via ssh. When I set up the Vnc server via max2play and then access using Real VNC Vncviewer the desktop comes out a very odd shape and seems to chop off the bottom of windows. I have tried running audacity within this window and its pretty much unusable as a result. Also it seems to run in a very low res window and I can’t work how to increase the resolution.

I do not seem to get this problem if I manually install tightvnc on the pi though. I’m wondering whether this is something to do with the settings. Does anyone else have this problem.

I have one further difficulty. I have mounted a network drive using the max2play interface. However whilst I can read the drive I can’t save to it from raspbian. I can’t work out how to change the permissions to let me do this. I’m not sure why this is the case because from my windows pc I can save to that drive.

I am tryign to use the desktop for audacity using the wolfson audio card as an A/D converter recording from the line in. This seems to work ok but the files generated are pretty big and I don’t want to fill up the SD card. At the moment I am having to resort to using winscape to cut and paste the files across from the pi’s sd card to my pc, which is pretty clunky.

17. November 2015 at 18:44 #16938

Hi adam,
    Regarding the VNC problems, I will inquire if there could be something wrong. However, the output can definitely lag and display a rather small desktop since it is still just a Raspberry Pi.
    Regarding your mount problems, you can designate the permission to write and read from anywhere in the local network by typing the create mode „777“ for a Samba Share.

17. November 2015 at 19:23 #16944

Hi Heiner
    Thanks
    I managed to get better results by manually installing tightvnc on the pi which produced a much nicer window for me. As per
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/vnc/

I’m not sure I follow abut the samba share. I had set up my network drive separately from the max2play mount as a samba share, but couldn’t work out how to access it from the save window in audacity.
    The only way I have managed to do what I wanted to was by logging in to max2play as root and accessing the mnt folder using audacity to save my project.

It’s still pretty cool for me to be able to use the pi as a recording device as well as a music player.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here