Unrecognised error on M2P v2.41

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Unrecognised error on M2P v2.41

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 11. Februar 2017 at 18:30 #26839

Can anyone tell me what the following error text means and how to repair it please. Using Max2play on LMS nightly 7.9 on Win 10 streaming from RPI3/HiFiBerry DAC+Pro LMS UI on PC and Audio on Pi but no sound when PC selected?

„Invalid Desktop Entry File
    /usr/share/applications lxde-x-www.browser.Desktop“

13. Februar 2017 at 15:19 #26891

Dear t0m,

Please could you clarify more your setup, and where you exactly you select the PC, and where the error appears ?

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

14. Februar 2017 at 10:24 #26914

Hello,
    Thank you for responding. I am a novice with RPI

RPI3 with HiFiBerry Digi+Pro (I also have separate RPI3 with DAC+pro in another case)
    Windows 10 pro
    Both connected with Cat 6 leads to Virgin Media router LAN sockets
    TV as monitor
    Using Max2Play 2.41
    Both my PC and Pi are connected to Marantz AVR with HDMI v1.4 leads
    RPI3 connected with coax to AVR as well

First installed and run OSMC on Pi/DAC setup and played crisp clear HiDef audio through speakers and very happy with sound. I wanted to use my computer as well but when selecting the PC on the AVR the sound from Pi stopped, duh? Then discovered M2P and seemed dreams would come true. 3 Weeks later and LMS on PC selects song and plays but no sound, I have to select Pi on AVR to hear audio. Although great quality, I cannot access the PC GUI. I have the UI on Pi with M2P splash screen and task bar. When I select web icon on task bar of Pi/M2P I get the above mentioned (Invalid Desktop Entry File
    /usr/share/applications lxde-x-www.browser.Desktop) error message. When playing audio from LMS on PC, the network icon on Pi/M2P shows receiving data but not sending (Idle).
    I just realised that I am writing too much :-). I hope you can help as I am fed up with pops and squeaks from windows sound and hoped to get true audiophile from Pi. Also to be able to access PC without losing the audio from Pi. I am at the other end of my life from a 7 year old child, but I have the same understanding??

regards

Tom

14. Februar 2017 at 13:23 #26918

Dear t0m,

Thank you for the detailed description of your problem, I think your problem is simple, in order to open the web browser on the pi, you should go to Max2Play web-interface and click on Raspberry settings and then scroll down to the end of the web page, you will see :

Install Iceweasel (Firefox Browser) on Desktop:

Click install, then the web browser will be installed.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

14. Februar 2017 at 15:02 #26919

Thanks so much Mbydeen, for the reply, I have successfully installed Firefox on the Pi. ;-))

Only one question more, I hope. Should I be able to listen to the Pi audio Output whilst using my PC. Logically the Pi and PC are connected to different inputs on the AVR. With both the Pi and PC connected to the same LAN router, I am not sure if its possible to view only the LMS UI on my PC and at the same time hear Audio from M2P on my Pi?

Below is the debug log from M2P WiFi/LAN page and the RX:TX packet errors look unnatural.

(PS I have no idea what these figures represent)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr b8:27:eb:31:cd:1f
    inet addr:192.168.0.13 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:14539 errors:0 dropped:2 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:10182 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:14395023 (13.7 MiB) TX bytes:1697139 (1.6 MiB)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
    RX packets:2708 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:2708 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
    RX bytes:21254938 (20.2 MiB) TX bytes:21254938 (20.2 MiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr b8:27:eb:64:98:4a
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:4 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:375 (375.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

kind regards

Tom

15. Februar 2017 at 12:58 #26932

Dear Tom,

In order to hear audio from the pi and use your computer to play another audio files at the same time, I think you have to check the AVR settings, LMS UI is used to control the Squeezelite audio player to help you to play music using the web browser. How could you play audio from the pi, by only viewing the LMS UI ? Sorry, I am still confused about your question !!

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

15. Februar 2017 at 14:45 #26938

I seem to have confused you but I’m more than a little bit confused myself, Mbydeen.

I don’t want to listen to music on my PC at all, and especially not at the same time as on the Pi. I just want to control the Pi’s music output from my PC whilst playing SILENT videos (without audio) on my PC, to compliment the music I hear from the Pi. Like listening to my CD player and watching the TV with the sound down at the same time :=]

As far as I know, I certainly don’t have two audio streamers activated, just 1 squeezebox/squeezlite on my PC. I use the „wired Ethernet connection“ (not WiFi) to my cable router from the PC, PI and AVR. I merely want to see pictures on my PC (with no sound) and just audio only, from the Pi. I hope that is possible.

Sorry to be such a bozo about this.

Tom

15. Februar 2017 at 15:27 #26940

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your post.

You can open the web-interface of the squeezebox server desktop application and then choose the player, which is in this case your pi, and you have to make sure that the Squeezelite player is ruining on your pi.

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here