Unable to Play Spotify

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Unable to Play Spotify

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 5. Mai 2016 at 13:24 #20058

Hi,

I’m unable to get spotify to play any music…

I’m running a raspi 2 with the Amp+ HiFiBerry module. I’ve installed the HifiBerry image and configured the Squeezebox server. I can access the server and play internet radio without a problem. I’ve uninstalled the official spotify plugin and installed Triodes version (and restarted several times).

I can see my playlists etc. but when I go to play it tries for a second (with no sound) and stops. On the LMS settings page I’ve run the self test:
    Helper App Running – Pass
    Logged In – Pass
    Spotify Metadata OK – Pass
    Streaming from Spotify – Pass (Although I hear no music during this test)
    Unable to Authenticate Player – Fail
    Helper app unable to authenticate player (error: -5)

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?!

Thanks!

5. Mai 2016 at 20:19 #20063

I’ve been doing a lot of googling around but no luck yet. I’ve found this message repeats a lot in the Sqeezebox Server Debug info:

Plugins::Spotify::ProtocolHandler::handleDirectError (366) stream failed – bad player: -5

That message led me to this discussion:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79706-Announce-Spotify-Premium-Plugin-(Beta)/page576

Where they talk about changing the CLI port which I tried without success. They also talk about some other things but it goes above my head!

7. Mai 2016 at 17:06 #20068

Fixed!

After lots of messing around I’ve managed to get spotify running! I’m not 100% sure what it was but I think it was unchecking the „Set fixed LAN IP-Address“ in the Wifi/LAN settings. Not sure when/why I checked it in the first place!

10. Mai 2016 at 12:22 #20079

Hi qu1ckdry,
    Great news! The triode Spotify plugin usually works from the start, I’ve made a small How-To on setting it up, in case have not seen it yet: https://www.max2play.com/en/how-tos/howto-spotify/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here