The official Raspberry Pi "7'' touch display backlight switch

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) The official Raspberry Pi "7'' touch display backlight switch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 31. März 2016 at 10:42 #19541

Hello everyone , first of all i want to thanks for this great software which made my Multiroom-System possible.Awesome work.

Yesterday i read about switch off backlight on Pi 7 touch display.

Tipps & Tricks (FAQ) zum offiziellen 7″ Raspberry Pi Touchscreen

Is it possible to integrate this in any screensaver or as an option for a time intervall to switch it off ?!

Thanks for your time

Greets Mad

6. April 2016 at 16:52 #19671

Hi madman,
    In our 7″ Touch Image, the backlight automatically switches off after a few moments of inactivity. I just tested it and it should work for you as well. Under Settings -> Screen -> Screensavers you will find the option „Blank Screen“.

14. April 2016 at 12:32 #19777

Hi Heiner , thanks for your support.The screensaver „Blank Screen“ generates only a blank screen(black overlay).The backlight is not switching off.

When you send via ssh the backlight off signal you will see the difference.

Greets Mad

10. Juni 2016 at 9:20 #20571

I think any answer for uri2103-Topic or here for our suggestion in terms of the backlight switch (uri2103 – Display off Screensaver) would overdue.

Greets Mad

20. Juni 2016 at 15:33 #20759

Hi madman,
    We have tested the addon throughly after seeing your concerns. The current version of Jivelite has, in fact, the function to switch off the backlight included in the Display Off option under Screensavers. We could validate this by disabling the autofunction and just turning off the display leaving the backlight on. When going back to the default option on Jivelite, the backlight is turned off again.
    You can check if this function is active in your version of Max2Play by typing the following command in the console:

cat /opt/jivelite/jivelite/share/jive/applets/BlankScreenSaver/BlankScreenSaverApplet.lua

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here