Synchronize not working with Airplay?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Synchronize not working with Airplay?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 28. Mai 2017 at 20:54 #29086

A new user here. Max2Play looks very promising, I’m hoping to use it as a MultiRoom audio setup….

I have 2 Raspberry PI2’s with Hifiberry DAC+: one with the Squeezebox server, the other with just the Squeezelite player.
    I have the Shairtunes2 plugin from disaster123 enabled. (and no Shairport running with the Squeezelite players)
    The Pi’s both show up as airplay devices and I can play music on it.

When I synchronize the devices then I still only hear music on the Pi that is selected as Airplay device.
    When I play music from a different source (e.g. radio), then both the Pi’s play music…

I have the beta Spotify Connect plugin enabled on both (disabling this didn’t bring anything).

Am I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Eddy

31. Mai 2017 at 18:04 #29147

Hi

with Plugins „Shairtunes 2“ in my SqueezeboxServer it works with synchronize several Squeezeboxes

First choose an Airplay-Device at your iPhone, then in SqueezeboxServer choose the Devices you want to synchronize

6. Juni 2017 at 13:13 #29276

Hi Eddy and std,

Thanks for the advice, std. We are only familiar with the synchronization through iTunes and did not know you could synchronize AirPlay streams through iOS.

Eddy, the Spotify plugin does not impede on AirPlay. However, you have to follow the guidelines on the web interface.

6. Juni 2017 at 15:26 #29292

Hi Heiner

as I explaines. I user Shairplay2 and AirplayBridge in LMS.not the Plugins for M2P
    E.g. I choose my SqueezeboxRadio over Airplay on my iPhone. Then I switch to iPeng and choose my SqueezeboxBoom to synchronize it
    But I do this not very often. My last test is 2-3 months ago
    In the evening I can test it once more

6. Juni 2017 at 15:38 #29293

eigentlich muss ich meine rau von der Arbeit abholen

But I ust tested it quickly. Both Squeezeboxes played the same Spotifystream over Airplay, without any delay

Edit: Of course, I dint`t need ArplayBridge for this test, but with the Bridge it also works with my Yamaha Av-Receiver

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by std.
    6. Juni 2017 at 15:41 #29294

Nice! We will look at this and see whether we can implement it somehow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here