Streaming any audio (youtube, spotify, etc.) from pc to raspberry pi 3

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Streaming any audio (youtube, spotify, etc.) from pc to raspberry pi 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 16. August 2016 at 2:16 #22290

Hello guys,

I’m new to this so if I said or post something in the wrong discussion please guide me to the correct area.

I’m looking for a way to stream audio from my pc to rpi3, I understand that there is Airplay, and I am able to send music from my iphone/ipad to my rpi3 however I’m looking a way to stream audio from my pc to rpi3, is that possible? I tried a software called Air Parrot 2 however they said that it not compatible so I won’t be able to stream my PC to my pi3 via Airplay.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you.

17. August 2016 at 16:07 #22308

Hello phamd4,

I recommend you iTunes. Download and install the actual version. There you have the airplay possibility, too. You can install iTunes on Windows without problems. Another way is to share a USB stick or HDD with Max2Play (Sambashare). You can add music in this folder and playback it with the squeezebox server.

18. August 2016 at 2:41 #22315

Hello, Thank you for your answer however if I understand correcty itunes’s Airplay only allow to stream music from itunes and apple music. What I want to do is stream like youtube on firefox, desktop spotify or online music content. Will I be able to do that or I have to wait for an addon? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

25. August 2016 at 16:10 #22567

Hello phamd4,

I want to understand your question. You want to play Youtube on any device over your network? And want to control it?

It is already possible to use spotify with airplay. For this you can use the Shairport of Max2Play. And the same is possible with your pc. Spotify is using Airplay-devices and you also can connect with this.

22. Januar 2017 at 15:06 #26196

I have a similar question, so I won’t open another topic, but hook up to this one.

(I am using an iphone6 and streaming via airplay to any each of my three max2play devices works fine (one at a time, though). Works basically for all applications on the iphone that produce sound, including games, the spotify client and the youtube app. Needed to set a „24800:4::“ into the ALSA parameters to make the phone’s video in-sync with the sound).

But how about rendering/pushing via DLNA or alike? I did not succeed in transferring music to the RPi through rendering it from DLNA capable apps running on the iphone. This would be interesting for android OSs.

(edited, as I just discovered an approach from knorke007’s post… Alternatively, how about Bluetooth? Could I connect using a mobile device and hooking up to M2P/LMS through this channel?)

Least but not least, is it possible somehow to have more than one client playing the (same) airplay stream simultaneously?

Many thanks in advance, Andreas.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by waterdrinkingman. Reason: found entry about bluetooth
    22. Januar 2017 at 17:36 #26199

Hi

on iPhone I use the „iPeng“ App
    Choose an Airplay-Device on iPhone and sync any other device on it

Edit: I use Airplay-Bridge und Shairplay2 in SBS, not the M2P Plugins

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by std.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here