SqueezeLite – Change PlayerName

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) SqueezeLite – Change PlayerName

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 30. Oktober 2015 at 10:15 #16619

Hi …

in which file on the linux filesystem on the player is the player-name saved?
    If I change the player-name in the settings of the SqueezeServer the name will be resetted to „Max2Play“ after a reboot of the player.

30. Oktober 2015 at 18:10 #16655

Hi formicula1979,

thanks for your question.

I assume you are using several devices and Squeezelite Players and therefore, want to organize them with unique names. The easiest way is to rename your Max2Play devices in the „Settings/Reboot“ menu. This name is also used for the Squeezelite Player, that’s why your entries are overwritten on reboot.

If you have several Squeezelite Players on one device by using „Multisqueeze“, you can change the name by entering the commandline parameter „n “ within the advanced options of your Squeezelite Players. Check out this and other parameters for Squeezelite Players here.

Regards

Maximilian from Max2Play

11. Januar 2016 at 16:00 #17726

Hi!

Changing the name under “Settings/Reboot” also appears to set/change the host name.

If you have some basic knowledge of editing files using the command line, you can use the following to change only the player name:

1. Use putty/ssh to connect to the Max2Play host.
    2. Edit /opt/max2play/playername.txt, by, e.g. using an editor such as nano, vi:
    2.1. The file only contains the name to be set for squeezelite., e.g. Max2Play The name is used by the startup script in /etc/init.d/squeezelite when squeezelite is started.
    2.2. Replace the name, e.g. Max2Play, with the desired name, e.g. Kitchen.
    2.3. Save the file.
    3. Restart the squeezelite instance by using /etc/init.d/squeezelite stop && /etc/init.d/squeezelite start or by rebooting the host.

Since the player name is already put into a separate file, I believe it would not take too much work to provide an option to change it via the web interface. But maybe for some it would be confusing.

Cheers,
    Gnome

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by FareakyGnome.
    11. Januar 2016 at 17:06 #17728

Since one of my player schould be named „Küche“ I had the same problem.
    The name in the “Settings/Reboot” menu seems to be linked with the hostname… no option 😉

So thanks to FareakyGnome for the tip with the playername.txt

Like Maximilian wrote: the most simple solution: just set the name in the audioplayer extended options: -n Küche added to the squeezelite starting parameters works always (not just with multisqueeze)!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Bort.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Bort.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here