[SOLVED] Squeezebox + Airplay parallel support

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Squeezebox + Airplay parallel support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 6. August 2015 at 21:50 #15306

Hi Max2Team,

I really enjoy your great Piece of Software. It’s more than easy to use and does exactly what it should.

I would like to use up to 3 Max2Play instances to use them as a multiroom audio solution – which is not the Problem at all.
    A central Logitech Media Server should be the solution for this.

My Problem actually is, that I would like to use each of the instances as Airplay Devices at the same time as they are squeezebox devices.

At the moment the Pi’s (yes I’m using Rasperry Pi’s =) ) are trying to play both Audio sources at the same time which really sounds awful.

Is there a possibility to choose one of the sources (Squeezeserver or Airplay) as the primary?
    So that, forinstance, the Squeezeserver is muted at the very device which should be used as airplay target?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
    All the best

7. August 2015 at 11:20 #15308

Hi,

thanks for your positive feedback! As you have a quite complex setup with 2 players (squeezelite and shairport) on each device, it gets difficult to auto-mute one player as soon as the other player plays something. On some soundcards it is even not possible to give two players access to the soundinterface at the same time (even if they are not playing anything).
    The only thing that might work (besides stopping music manually), would be to write a script that checks if the current squeezelite instance is playing something (make a http-Request to the squeezebox server for the desired squeezelite player or watch the CPU Usage of squeezelite) and watch the CPU-Usage of the task shairport and decide what to do. Both checks should be within a small C-programm (checking every 5 seconds) that starts a shell-script, that stops either shairplay or squeezelite (depending on a config file) on the device and restarts it later on. If you are using this method you must remove the cronjob (running under user „pi“) that automatically starts the audioplayers.

Well – it sounds quite complicated and it is 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here